I'm thrilled to tell you that the Kissology 2 DVD anthology has hit the stores and with the exception of the conspicuously absent ANIMALIZE seems to be the package Fans of Kiss have been waiting for. Included in the box is their Kult Klassic camp-fest KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park (1978) (TV) ...aka Attack of the Phantoms ...aka KISS in Attack of the Phantoms. I'm in it. I was asked to do commentary but it was at the last minute and we weren't able to work it out in time so here are ten comments for those of you who want info:
- It was my second gig as a newcomer to Hollywood.
- I had just moved from New York with my Blondie boyfriend and my black leather jacket.
- I was into the whole CBGB's scene so Ramones not Kiss were on my radar.
- Liked the idea of Kiss and Kiss Fans as a phenomenon.
- Wanted to be in the movie most of all because Gordon Hessler (dir.) had also directed The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (full of supercool Ray Harryhausen work).
- The boots and the black leather jacket that I wear in KMPTP were my own.
- The costume designer asked me if I would mind if they studded the back of my jacket with a lightning bolt. (Cool).
- At Magic Mountain where we shot the exteriors it was 104 degrees most of the time. Black leather is cool, not air conditioned.
- I only got to meet Gene. The other guys weren't around when I was filming.
- I cannot be counted among the throngs who have supposedly slept with him.
I have one: Am I the first girl (or guy, for that matter) to wear a cockring on National Television?
(It was attached to the shoulder of my leather jacket and no one at Standards and Practices ever seemed to notice.)